This is a lesson for Advent 3 in Year B. The lesson is centered around the gospel and includes an Advent Wreath craft suggestions, a light craft because Jesus is the light of the world, worksheets, coloring pages, sensory bin suggestions, playdough mat and more. Print and go! Best for Prek, First, Second, or Third Graders.
- About this Unit
- a short introduction to the season of Advent
- Vocabulary words
- Vocabulary definitions
- Vocabulary worksheet
- Advent Wreath Craft suggestions
- Advent Wreath printable
- Jesus – Be the light instructions
- Jesus – Be the light fan Craft B and W
- Jesus – Be the light fan Craft in color
- Be the light flipbook instructions
- Be the light flipbook pieces
- Prayer for Advent 3
- Jesus is the light coloring page
- The Gospel reading
- The Lesson and discussion questions
- John is the messenger Worksheet
- Advent Worksheet
- John the Baptist items worksheet/coloring page
- Copywork sheet
- Letter P sheet
- Lightbulb Playdough Mat
- Light inspired Sensory Bin
and a some additional suggested resources
About this unit
This early elementary grade unit study will help your children to learn about Advent 3 and why we celebrate it. You and your child(ren) or students will explore the lesson using hands on activities and worksheets.
I have suggested several books for your studies and there are a ton of great resources online as well. You can also find many educational videos and resources out there for free.
Along with the worksheets provided, I’ve suggested a few projects, such as making a light themed sensory bin, a fan craft or flipbook craft, some vocabulary words, copy work and a letter P page depending on the needs of your learner.
It will take about a week to complete this unit – but it can easily be condensed down to one day if you want to do everything in one day. You could also use all or part of it for a Children’s Chapel or Children’s Church or Sunday School lesson.
There are no inquiries yet.