Advent in the Narrative Lectionary- by Rev. Heather Roth Johnson
- Advent 1 – Habakkuk 1:1-7; 2:1-4; 3:[3b-6], 17-19
- Advent 2 – Esther 4:1-17
- Advent 3 – Isaiah 42:1-9
- Advent 4 – Matthew 1:18-25
- Advent Sticky Note Liturgical Art
Advent in the Revised Common Lectionary
- Advent 1 – New Year Storytelling by Nicole Meyer – Isaiah 2:1-5
- Advent 2 – John the Baptist Storytelling by Rev. Karen Ware Jackson – Matthew 3:1-12
- Advent 3 – To Tell the Truth (John the Baptist) by Cindy Fritz & Peter Horn – Matthew 11:2-11
- Advent 4 – What’s in a Name by Rev. Karen Ware Jackson – Matthew 1:18-25
Christmas Eve Storytelling by Rev. Heather Roth Johnson – Luke 2:1-14 (15-20)
Christmas Day – In the Beginning by Rev. Karen Ware Jackson – Genesis 1: 1-4 (NRSV); John 1: 1-2 (NRSV), 1:3-5, 9-15 (MSG); Luke 2: 10-14
New Year’s Day Blessing by Rev. Heather Roth Johnson
New Year’s Household Blessing & Chalking the Door
Epiphany Storytelling by Rev. Karen Ware Jackson – Matthew 2:1-12 (January 6 OR any Sunday when you celebrate Epiphany)
Baptism of the Lord Sunday Storytelling by Rev. Heather Roth Johnson – Matthew 3:13-17
Remember Your Baptism Blessing by Cindy Fritz & Peter Horn – Milestone Moment
Salt and Light Storytelling by Rev. Karen Ware Jackson – Matthew 5:13-20
How to Live a Life Full of Love by Nicole Meyer – Matthew 5:21-37
Flowers and Weeds Storytelling by Nicole Meyer – Matthew 13:24-43
Transfiguration Tableau by Cindy Fritz & Peter Horn – Matthew 17:1-9
Written by Karen Ware Jackson, Heather Roth Johnson and their colleagues Cindy Fritz, Peter Horn, and Nicole Meyer.
All writers are experienced storytellers and passionate about being creative and innovative in church.
Heather is the Family Pastor at Bethlehem Lutheran Church – Twin Cities in Minneapolis, MN. She enjoys storytelling God’s story in creative ways, connecting the ages and stages of life, and playing with her two puppies.
Karen is co-senior pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Greenville, North Carolina, and is passionate about creating interactive worship and intergenerational community. She loves good stories, good coffee, and good friends.